Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Launched Post-poned
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:13 pm 

News from KFR:

As you all know, launch was scheduled for the Ides of March, available exclusively to Preorder customers, with everyone else being let in two weeks later.

I've recently been going through all the outstanding technical, content and administrative issues that we still face and I've had to make a difficult decision.

The launch will be postponed. I can not offer a finalised new launch date as of yet since we still have to discuss the matter with some of our partners, but my own personal expectation is that the launch will be postponed by around two months.

With that in mind you should begin to see the last of the significant feature sets to be implemented on the Gamma server during the next two or three weeks.

I know many of you will receive this news with mixed emotions since, like me, you're keen to see RV finished, but at the same time you want to make sure that the RV experience is richly featured, well balanced and rewarding for both its players and its developers!

Be assured that I haven't taken the decision lightly and that I've factored in as many perspectives as possible. As I'm sure you can imagine, developing something like Roma Victor is an expensive proposition and every additional month we drag it out, comes with a painful cost. Frankly, a small, independent developer like us has a hard time coping with these kinds of challenges but given our history, and the support of this community, we simply must rise to the challenge.

So thanks again for the support. I'll let you know some more final dates as soon as I have them.