Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello all
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:49 am 

Are there still people playing Eve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:33 am 

I'm in EVE a lot. Not as much as I'd like, but I make a show every day or two for at least a couple hours and usually on right after the servers come up on Monday and Friday (The resource spawn days) to do some mining and I try to stay on as long as life permits.

TCO is starting to get back in EVE on a regular basis now. We have a few folks on every day and several planning to come back soon.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:37 am 

I've just played for a day, and I am already liking what I see. This must come close to be a merchants wet dream come true :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:03 pm 

Even without other folk on to socialize with I find EVE to be extreamly entertaining. I find mining to be so fun I am specializing in it. The economy is so rich and exciting I have my fingers in many different pies allready too.

Combat is even doable for a goof like me cause the skills of your character and the ship and equipment you select matter most along with the tactical decisions you make. No twitchy cat like reflexes required.

Not being locked into a class has also allowed me to concentrate on the skills I will use and not have multiple characters. (Tho I did recently create an alt so I could both mine and haul away ore at the same time.) But I didn't need the alt to do this. My Main can haul for herself, I just need to stop mining and go grab my hauler. The alt just makes it far more convienent for me to mine for extrended periods of time.

I have not got myself involved in the crafting much because there is sooooooo much in the market as far as just buying and selling that can be done. I buy up ore, refine it and then sell the minerals. Plus I mine. Plus I go around in my big ass hauler every now and again and buy up cheap products in far away regions that I know I can resell for a profit in my home regions. And every now and again I take delivery missions for corporate standing or even combat missions when I feel like stretching out the claws on my Battlecruiser.

EVE is intensly flexible. And this descript truely only scratches the surface on what can be done.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:15 am 
Spammer

I was very interested when the game came out and tried mining and I ran a lot of missions. I found the missions to be canned liked in star wars and they all started running together. I wasn't as interested in the crafting part of it and I got away from the game and let my account lapse.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:56 am 
Spammer

Kyp Darron wrote:
I've just played for a day, and I am already liking what I see. This must come close to be a merchants wet dream come true :)

It seems that way for me as well...until I found out the economy (NPC) was tied int othe server restart.

Basically all the "good" buy and sell orders appear right after the server boots up. If you don't catch it in the first 10-15 minutes for buy or up to 30 minutes for sell, you are basically left with the scraps. Which seems decent until you have enough credits where multiple runs are possible.

If you can log in right after restart, you can make millinos easily. I think I made 35 million in 10 minutes once. (though it needed a couple hours of prep work during the night or off shift).