Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:14 pm 

Ok on Icio's original intell I have been spending some time in Alachene. (A .3 sec system 3 jumps from Aice surrounded by .6 sec systems) The player pirates avoid Alachene for the most part because pirate hunters frequent the zone.

I spoke with one of the corps that mines there regularly and they said that the rules for Alachene are simple.

1. Do not take from someone elses can.

2. Do not attack non-hostiles.

I figure we can abide by these rules. I'm not suggesting we go in blind and unprepared. That afterall is pretty foolish, so we will need (For the first time in a while) blockers to run interference and convince any player pirates that do manage to show up that they will have an easier time preying on someone else.

Now I am going to risk my Hauler and my Barge for this op and future ops in Alachene because the profit potential is just worth the risk here.

The Ice field alone have about 60 roids between blue and glare ice.

Today, a day before spawn day, I counted over 100 omber (including many gold and silver) and over 25 jaspet (including pure and pristine) roids in the 5 belts of Alachene. And I personally mined the jaspet out of two belts this week.

To make matters even more tempting. Alachene has a 50% refinery in a fed frieght station there we can operate out of, refine our haul and take it away to sell elsewhere.

I hope to see many of you there for this and future Alachene ops. It's only 3 jumps from Aice and I plan to make camp there for a while and see how operations go.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

I just got Barge V, so I'd be up for it. 1188 m3/min on omber atm :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:34 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Still working on getting my PC together, might me a week or so!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:01 am 

System: Alchene
Miners: LazyAmy, Leno
Hauler: Iliani
Protectors: Cire, Caih, Taka + the locals (Tailtap and company)

Well, it was an exciting operation. Iliani got podkilled and LazyAmy lost her barge, but got away herself. The perpetrator was a scum named Don Car'nage, with a security rating of -9.9. A known criminal.

The locals went after Don Car'nage, and it did not take long before his corpse was floating in space.

After some purchases and refitting, LazyAmy and Iliani was ready for another go, and we went back to the asteroid field. This time we had the locals looking for Don Car'nage around us, and he did not show up, only smack-talked a bit in the local channel.

We were able to mine in relative peace, until a little petty thief named big flaps showed up. She sneaked by our jet cans, and emptied two of them, and warped out. Soon people were following her, but she was a speedy little devil, and it took a while to to reach her, eventually she got podded.

It didn't take long before she was back in another ship. As soon as she was within range of our jet cans again, fire was opened on her. LazyAmy got a little triggerhappy, and podkilled her. It resulted in LazyAmy going down to a security rating of -1.0.

But even with all the action, we managed to mine for about 10 million ISK of omber and jaspet.

I am definitely up for more mining operations in the Alchene system.

Edited for misspelling of name...

Last edited by Kyp Darron on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:23 am 

Kyp Darron wrote:
System: Alchene
Miners: LazyAmy, Leno
Hauler: Iliani
Protectors: Cire, Caih, Taka + the locals (Taptail and company)

Tailtap, but close enough. :)

Quote:
Well, it was an exciting operation. Iliani got podkilled and LazyAmy lost her barge, but got away herself. The perpetrator was a scum named Don Car'nage, with a security rating of -9.9. A known criminal.

The locals went after Don Car'nage, and it did not take long before his corpse was floating in space.

Hehe, yeah. This was my fault for beggining the op before the blockers got there, but after insurance I still ended up making a profit and it was definatly not a boring mining op.

Can you say "white knuckle mining?"

Quote:
After some purchases and refitting, LazyAmy and Iliani was ready for another go, and we went back to the asteroid field. This time we had the locals looking for Don Car'nage around us, and he did not show up, only smack-talked a bit in the local channel.

Yeah in a retriever it's not a hard loss with strip miner Is. I would not want to loose 3 strip Miner IIs with a covetor tho.

Quote:
We were able to mine in relative peace, until a little petty thief named big flaps showed up. She sneaked by our jet cans, and emptied two of them, and warped out. Soon people were following her, but she was a speedy little devil, and it took a while to to reach her, eventually she got podded.

It didn't take long before she was back in another ship. As soon as she was within range of our jet cans again, fire was opened on her. LazyAmy got a little triggerhappy, and podkilled her. It resulted in LazyAmy going down to a security rating of -1.0.

Yeah whoops. I thought that as long as they were still blinking red you could pod them without consequence. Oh well. I'll do community service with CONCORD later. It was worth it to pod the little tard.

Quote:
But even with all the action, we managed to mine for about 10 million ISK of omber and jaspet.

Yeah even with 3 protectors and only 2 miners this was not a bad haul for only a few actual hours of mining. Had it been uninterrupted we could have done far better. But I spent the better part of an hour of the op floating around in my Battlecruiser after being destroyed trying to bait that pirate into comming back.

There is also a HUMONGUS Ice field there with Blue and Glare Ice. Even if we don't refine it I think with one decent hauler and a few folks mining the Ice we can make an op very profitable. Just need a few blockers in the field with us to handle rats (Which are easy as blazes for a .3 system) and of course to discourage pirates.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:13 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

When I get myself back in again, I'll have to train up some combat skills and help you guys out in the low sec stuff. I don't really enjoy the mining itself that much, but I certainly have no objections to blowing a few things up!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:18 pm 

Snapped up some communications from our beloved criminals regarding the Alachene system.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard ... dID=314869