How much of a badass is EVE Ravage?
Uber Badass 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
Mediocre Badass 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Noob Badass (but getting better) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Fun with Mercs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:57 am 

Little bit of backstory here...

TCO was at war. As part of their corp at the time, the vengefull bitch who put a price on my head almost 2 weeks ago, dragged my friends along into the game mechanic's system of putting a whole corp at war, to attack a single target.

This is all well and fine considering our corp has no structure to speak of, the members are scattered across the galaxy each doing their own thing. The only 2 poeple that had anything to worry about were Myself and Taka, the leader of TCO EVE. (you need the name of the person to track them down, the rest are anonymous unless you discover someone in the same system you're in)

Anyway, at first I ran. Clear across the galaxy. Silly me, I'd just spent practically everything I had on some attribute implants 1 day prior to war being declared.

So 2 days later, the leader of the Merc Corp "The Devil's Rejects" shows up at the station I was in, and attacks me as soon as I undocked. Scared shitless, I turned my ship around, and booted my ass back into the station, was not equipped to handle a fight, and until then, I didn't think they had found me yet. Anyway, barely made it back in the station with my ship intact, but I did. And sat there for a good 3-4 days straight trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do.

Then Locin, (sorry bro I don't remember your Avian name) suggested to me to look up Jump Clones. He couldn't give much info on them, as its a fairly new aspect of the game, but the next day I did some research on the forums.

Jump Clones. The description on the Jump Clone skill itself "Infomorph Psychology": Psychological training which strengthens the pilot's mental tenacity. The reality of having ones conscious detached from their physical form, scatterd across the galaxy and then placed in a vat grown clone can be very unsettling to the untrained mind.

Basically, a new kind of clone that leaves your physical body behind, (including implants) and puts you into a fresh clone. You can jump between clones once every 24 hours. To create them, you have to have a personal AND corp faction of 8.0 with any NPC corp, (or player corp with player owned stations) Now the personal faction, no prob. already had that with an NPC corp from a few months of running missions. Corp faction however... nearly impossible to obtain. Each person in the corp has to be running missions for the same NPC corp, and no way in hell that was happening.

So, I made a decision. I quit TCO Eve, created my own Corp. "Dead men Inc". Successfully made a few jump clones on some Federation Navy Starbases, and gave the merc corp a demand to End the war on TCO, and declare on me, since they are only after me anyway.

Response:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Channel ID: 2110072901
Channel Name: Private Chat (alone) Listener: Dark Umbra Session started: 2006.07.21 00:35:50

[ 2006.07.21 00:35:58 ]

Dark Umbra > Hey there, did you get my message?
[ 2006.07.21 00:59:10 ] Dark Umbra > Well, basically. I've created my own corp, I know she does not have any beef with TCO, (she's a bitch, but i don't think even she is that fucking petty) I'll give myself up to you, if you end the war with TCO, and Declare on me.
[ 2006.07.21 01:55:23 ] Sionnach > War dec against your corp will be active in 48 hours. TCO war will remain active until such a time as contract conditions are satisfied. There will be no further negotiation.

===================================================================

So at this point, they're just starting to piss me off. Said fine, and managed to rally most of the active TCO members behind me, in planning for an ambush when they came to get me. Figured, hey if you want to be able to be attacked by them too thats your own dumbass fault.

5 days later.

I hear from Taka that the war has been ended on TCO, so I look, sure enough I'm at war now. Well, I guess they weren't so stupid afterall. but It didn't really matter. My implants are safe, my Ship is fully insured, and fitted with the best combination of worthless gear I can think of. So at most this death will cost me 17 Million isk, the cost to insure my ship. (best part is when it gets blown up, i'll use the insurance money to purchase the better Gallente Battleship) :)

The next day (Today):

I log in, sure enough, theres the Merc corp leader waiting for me again. I started a conversation with him after undocking:

Channel ID: 2110263256
Channel Name: Private Chat (alone) Listener: Dark Umbra Session started: 2006.07.27 04:25:06

[ 2006.07.27 04:25:14 ] Dark Umbra > Ready whenever you are
[ 2006.07.27 04:26:11 ] Sionnach > Planet 2
[ 2006.07.27 04:27:00 ] Dark Umbra > you can jump to planets?
[ 2006.07.27 04:27:24 ] Sionnach > yah
[ 2006.07.27 04:27:38 ] Sionnach > under belts on menu

== We warp to the second planet so he can use his ECM modules without being fucked over by the station defenses ==

[ 2006.07.27 04:39:32 ] Sionnach > gf :)
[ 2006.07.27 04:39:46 ] Dark Umbra > Wow.. you too.. that ECM is a bitch
[ 2006.07.27 04:40:11 ] Sionnach > Nicely timed drones, see you again later :P
[ 2006.07.27 04:40:24 ] Dark Umbra > i'm sure i will

=========================================================================
Mail from Concord:

2006.07.27 04:39

Victim: Sionnach
Alliance: None
Corp: The Devil's Rejects
Destroyed: Scorpion
System: Pucherie
Security: 0.8

Involved parties:

Name: Dark Umbra (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.9
Alliance: None
Corp: Dead men Inc
Ship: Dominix
Weapon: Ogre I

Destroyed items:

ECM - Ion Field Projector II
Medium Armor Repairer I
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Power Diagnostic System II
Paradise Cruise Missile, Qty: 745 (Cargo)
Cataclysm Cruise Missile, Qty: 400 (Cargo)
'Malkuth' Cruise Launcher I
'Malkuth' Cruise Launcher I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Wrath Cruise Missile, Qty: 400 (Cargo)
Sensor Booster II
1600mm Reinforced Titanium Plates I
Parallel Weapon Navigation Transmitter
Warrior II (Drone Bay)
Paradise Cruise Missile, Qty: 14
Paradise Cruise Missile, Qty: 14
Devastator Cruise Missile, Qty: 14

========================================================

Yay me!

Now I think its worth pointing out that this guy has been in game for over 2 years, 10 million skillpoints minimum to join his corp, I've been here 4 months, 3.4 million Skillpoints, (almost half that in learning) and I Fucked him up with the only thing I knew how to do. Manipulate my drones. (my ship has no other weapons)

Tactic: Since he was using ECM on me, Massively as his ship specialized in ECM, I had to figure out something on the fly. When he noticed the damage the drones were doing, he started picking them off one by one. Fortunately with the huge Drone bay my ship has, I had plenty to come up with something.

As each drone neared destruction, I pulled it back into my hold. Thus recharging its shields, and taking the target away from my opponent. When the last of each set of 5 were back in my hold, for some reason (which I still haven't figured out) he kept stopping the ECM charges. at this time I was able to retarget, and just before lock, launch the drones, and make them attack before he shot off another ECM causing me to lose target.

At the same time he was draining the hell out of my Capacitor, so I pretty much had nothing to defend myself with other than the 60% across the board resistances I setup on the ship. After several rounds of this, he just blew up in front of me. I sat in shock a moment, I was suprised he didn't attempt to warp out... maybe he did, I saw his ship turning but he could have just been moving to increase his transversal velocity. (to make him harder to hit)

Anyway, the moral of the story... Ahh fuck it, theres no moral. Just the fact that I caused more damage to him, than I'm sure he's getting for his bounty on my head. Sorta makes my certain immanent death just a little less bitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:54 am 

The moral of the story is that he should have known he was fighting a Gallente and therefore bound to run into a bunch of drones.

So he should have had an ECM shockwave to jam the drones. (Yannow that thing I use when we're in a group that jams everything including friends)

It would have allowed him to keep targeting you and kept you or your drones from targeting him.

But I guess he is not as experienced as I would have thought. :)

BIG blunder on his part. A scorpion should be able to beat any one battleship.

I am Soooooo glad you spilt his blood. Unfotunatly this means he will likely come with friends next time.

Hope you salvaged some of his nice tech II equipment.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:08 am 
Spammer

Good story Ravage, nicely done. Locin in Avian btw is Kyp. :)

What ship / class is a Scorpion? Tech2 Frig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:04 am 

great story.

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 pm 

Scorpion is the Tier 1 Caldari Battleship. It gets bonuses for ECM target jammers (both strength and range).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:30 pm 

His biggest mistake was underestimating my pathetic skills.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't even remember looting a shield booster, there was an medium armor repper in the destroyed items list. Well too bad, his arrogance cost him a good 65 Mill.

From the loot, I got about 600 explosive cruise missiles, a pair of T2 magnetometric ECM modules, 5x Valkarie II medium scout drones, 3 x Warrior II Light scout drones. Some other stuff was there, but nothing spectacular. As I said, he underestimated my pathetic skills, and equipped all he thought he would need.

I'm also glad I got the kill, but as far as worrying about him comming with friends next time, I doubt he will. He was trying to add insult to injury, and got his ass handed to him for it. However, I was into structure damage, so if he had attempted any kind of real fight he would have killed me. I expect him to show up in a Raven, with a smart bomb equipped tonight. That'll make pretty short work of my Drones, and me shortly after.

But hey. I got the first kill, he can never get that back 8)

As far as the Ship, Skotticus is correct about the Caldari Battleship, with nice bonuses to ECM. And Amy is right, that theres no way I should have been able to win that fight if he knew what the hell he was doing with the ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Great story! Thanks Ravage!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:49 am 

Not that anyone is interested, but just an update. 2 days after the last post, I got my ass handed to me by Sionnach and one of his cronies, another 2+ year player.

So, in retrospect, I'm pretty proud of myself there, took 2 of them losers to take me down.

The war is over, and I've rejoined the TCO corp in game, and working my way back up from my losses quite nicely.

I've got a replacement battleship, the better available Gallente BS, called a Megathron. Looks cooler than my old Dominix, but handles combat wise completely differently, so taking time to learn other aspects of combat than just Drones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:24 pm 
Spammer

Ravage wrote:
Not that anyone is interested, but just an update.

...I'm still interested.... :)