Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battlestar Galatica
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:18 am 
Site Admin

I got a DVR the other day and started recording Battlestar Galatica to see what all the hype was. Someone here, maybe Yak , planted a seed of curiosity in me.

Well I like the show a lot and it sure makes me think of this game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

yeah it is one of my favorite shows!
The best way to watch the series is to start with the Miniseries and work through the first 2 seasons. At the end of season 2 a massive shift happens...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

The first show I saw/recorded was Pegasus. Then I watched/recorded Resurrection ship 1 and 2.

That was enough for me to go buy Season 1 and the first part of Season 2. I bought them last Monday and I have already watched them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

did you catch the mini series? It isnt critical but man are those 3 excellent episodes!

Ive been rewatching them all in prep for season 3. To me it is a toss up what I look forward to most, LOST or BSG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

BTW. What DVR did you get? Ive been shopping around and looking at the Tivo. I tried to install DirectTV but my apt building wanted to much for a deposit to get a dish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:08 am 
Site Admin

The first season came with the mini series, I was going to buy them both until I read the features and saw it was included.

I guess I am half a series behind. I watch the latest one SciFi airs, which this week was "Epiphanies". So I have not seen any beyond that. Evidently I am watching a second showing of season 2, because everyone else has seen all of season 2 already.

I guess I got an amazingly lucky break, as Pegasus was the first show I saw, and that just happens to be the last show on the season 2.0 package. So my DVDs filled me in on everything I missed until now on SciFi .

DVR, I looked around but could not get any good advice so I just got the DVR Cox, my cable provider, supplied. It replaced my cable box as they are one unit, and it increases my cable bill about $12 each month. It can record about 50 hours of stuff and it is really easy to use.

I want to see if I can network it and unload shows to the bigger hard drives of my network. Cox is not helpful in this regard, and that is a long distance to buy Cat5 not knowing if it will work. I am thinking about testing it by moving my 3rd and oldest PC next to the TV… but so far I have been too lazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

I also have Cox but I am leaning toward the standard TiVO if for nothing else, it costs the same as Cox and has a larger mod community.

I had forgotten that they split the season 2 DVDs into 2 packages. I guess when you have 20 episodes per you can do that. So yeah the one you saw just happened to be the first ep of season 2.2.

Season 3 starts Oct 8th I think. I was to have my DVR ready for both BSG and Lost so I need to get a move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:19 am 
Spammer

http://www.battlestargalacticadvd.com/game/