Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:31 pm 

In celebration of our first birthday, this Saturday TCO-E will be making a group voyage to the EVE Gate situated inside the system of New Eden. This wormhole was the pathway between Earth and the new colonies of the EVE galaxy until its tragic collapse. This event spelled the destruction of numerous colonies in the new galaxy and has more or less permanently separated the EVE galaxy from the Milky Way galaxy. Thousands of pod pilots have made the journey to see the remains of the wormhole. Our trip will take us to the mouth of the wormhole, as far as safety permits.

I'd like anyone from Avian who still plays to try and make time for the trip tomorrow.

However, the path to New Eden is not an easy one. New Eden is deep inside low security space, and we may come into contact with malevolent players. Those who wish to join us on the trip to New Eden, must be ready to risk being podkilled. To avoid losing implants, it is advised that pilots travel to ISS Marginis in the KDF-GY system of Catch to make a jumpclone. This is 0.0 space, but pilots should be able to avoid risking implants by travelling there in a fast frigate fit with a MWD.

We advise that pilots try to plan their routes so that they go through Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate (IAC) alliance space. IAC has an open space policy, and they are not likely to attack on sight. One of the other routes to KDF-GY, however, is controlled by Ascendant Frontier (ASCN). If a pilot travels through this pipe, the likelihood of encountering a gate camp is very high.

Additionally, it is advisable to avoid the Doril system in the Curse region. This system is frequently gatecamped. A potential way to avoid the Doril system is to use the system EX-OLQ as a waypoint. Pilots may have to reconfigure their autopilot settings to allow their autopilot to accept routes through low security regions.

The procedure for creating a jump clone once docked at Marginis is simple. Go to the Medical services in the station toolbar. There will be a tab in the upper left corner of the Medical services window called 'Jump Clone.' Simply click this tab and the jump clone window should appear. From here, creating a jump clone should be self explanatory.

As for the Gate Run itself, we will be leaving Aice at around 6PM EST. Please try to be at Aice by 5:30PM EST or earlier so we have time to organize.

We will be using frigates for the run. You will want to equip them for speed, but leave at least one slot for a warp stabilizer. If you have an assault frigate and don't mind risking it, we will be using those ships as convoy guards.

A note on jumpclones:

You must have the skill "Infomorph Psychology" trained to level 1 or greater in order to create a jump clone. You can only have one jumpclone in any given station. You are limited to 1 consciousness transfer per 24 hour period. Additionally, jumping to clones too often may result in lost implants.

Finally, an important note: When you die while inhabiting a jump clone, you will be revived in the clone you previously purchased. This means that you will need to pay for a new clone, and that if the clone you are revived in is not up to date and capable of retaining all your skill points, you will lose the difference. Make sure your regular clone is up to date before you attempt the trip to Marginis and should you be podkilled do not forget to buy a new clone.

Also sorry for the short notice. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:55 am 
Spammer

would LOVE to do this...maybe I'll be able to...hmmm, how long is the journey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:52 pm 

I'll be there!