Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lanasa's Life in Eve
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:55 pm 
Spammer

Encouraged by some of Moge's posts, I've decided that once a week or so I'd post a screenshot of the places and things I'm doing. It will be a little log of events. I'm not much for role play (read I enjoy it, but suck at actually doing it). Hopefully this will be less of a log and more of a journal entry type of thing going forward. (The real aim is to try and capture some really cool screenshots that, for me, allow me to enjoy the game immensely)

Lanasa is a Minmatar. I'm currently flying a battleship called the Typhoon. It's a great all around ship with a large drone capacity and 4 missile and turret bays.

I'm entering Aeddin II - Imperial Armor Factory, to retrieve some marines needed by the Minmatar Mining Corporation to re-inforce some planetary positions. My handler is not sure, but we think the Amarrians are behind some of the turmoil in Gulfonodi and other systems of Molden Heath. Those slavers will pay for their actions!

Lanasa is leaving Aeddin II to drop off the marines needed by MMC. My handler classifies the work I'm doing as of Level 3 importance, but sometimes acting as a freighter just goes against my instincts. Ah well, I'm still a young fish in this big sea and the void of space can be rough. Just last week I lost a Typhoon foolishing making a mining run into a .4 security system that was under heavy pirate attack. I didn't stand a chance - it was 8 against 1. The only solace I can take out of losing 25 million ISK is that I was fully insured for my losses and my clone worked. I've heard horror stories where people have been less than satisfied with their clones - coming out dumber than before.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, the last vestiges of ISK I inherited went into this banking venture called EIB. I sunk 15 million into investments their only to have it all scammed. Hundreds of billions of ISK went poof, but at least I had secured a loan for my 1st Typhoon and now I don't have to pay it back! Net profit of 55 million but seeing as that's about all I have left I'm going to need to keep running these missions for my handler and mining Omber.

At least I've got the know how to do it which is more than I can say for some of the other green as grass pilots I've seen recently. Lanasa out.

Last edited by dbakke on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

wow. if nothing else Eve sure looks Awesome! I cannot wait for the graphics upgrades.

nice RP on the Marines BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:24 am 

Good update! Keep em coming.

I really don't know why I'm not playing this game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:28 am 
Spammer

I was badly shaken by that beating I took in Gulfonodi trying to tackle those blasted Sansha Nation pirates. I thought I'd up the ante and seek out a new handler with tougher assignments - Level 4.

I got one alright - one that almost sent me to the clone chamber again. Last thing I need is to look like a newborn babe, skin all shiney again. Luckily, I made it out alive. I sure didn't impress my new handler any. In fact, I had to bag the mission and I lost some standing as a result. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I hope these implants from Gerbold will put me in a better position to compete when I'm ready to tackle those Level 4 missions. I bought 7 iof them on the cheap. Only set me back 5 million ISK.

I had to go one region over to find the Zainou "Gnome" KVA1000 - adds 3% to my shield capacity. I got some flak from the other pilots about that one since I'm an armor tanker, but I don't need more velocity...I need to stay alive!

One last thing...since I had to go to Gerbold, I realized I'm only 2 jumps from the border between Heimatar and Molden Heath region, I'm going to see if there are any trading opportunities...that's easy money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 pm 
Spammer

Time. People always talk about time...not having enough...having too much...the time value of ISK. Traveling the vastness of space there's one thing you have plenty of...time, especially if you need to sell some loot from recent kills or rewards from special handlers who only work with you after you've helped one of their kind out 10 or 15 times already.
Here I was with a decent implant, plenty of other sellers, but no buyers. Luckily, the way of New Eden is based a lot on karma...the kind where people help their fellow pilots. See, your datacom only shows you pricing in your Region. So unless you have friends, or someone out in the cold, dark of space checking the 'price check' channel...you're just a tin can going no where. I checked the TCO public com and dialed up some of the friends of Avian and TCO. Edge Finn was on. Edge let me know that this implant I had was selling for 8.6 million ISK in Pucherie...so I was on my way!
16 jumps though...that ain't a walk in the park. Thankfully my Typhoon Battleship is fully outfitted with an auto-pilot, and I wasn't going through any .4 systems or below.
This Pucherie system is pretty nice...'course that could just be the ISK i just pocketed. Need to find me some bad guys. Or a way to hook up with Moniker out in 0.0. Something tells me I need some more seasoning on this piece of meat. Time will tell...
I haven't done any mining lately, and I want to get some more ore to LA, Taka and the rest in TCO...back to Gulfonodi and homespace.

Last edited by dbakke on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:46 pm 

Yo dude, stick around Pucherie... Thats where I pretty much live now, doing missions... when i get back in 2 weeks or so, that'll be cool to have ya around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:13 am 
Spammer

I'll definitely come back to hang!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:44 pm 
Spammer

Me and my Jaguar chilling out in my new home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:39 am 

Which system is that in cluster?

You got to admit even with an old engine this game is beautiful :)

I love watching those comets flash by while mining :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 am 
Spammer

PC9...may be the last picture for a while...my comp crashed hard. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:13 pm 

:(

I didn't notice you on last night........

Hope you can get it fixed/replaced soon...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm 

You broke it already? dude.... thats impressive.