Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General situation in EVE
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:25 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Ok, I've been out of the loop for quite some time now (haven't done any serious playing since March) so I was wondering if I could get a general update of the ingame situation.

To my understanding, Avian as a corp doesn't really exist anymore (I know it physically exists in game, but those who are playing seem to belong to other corps). So who is playing, what sort of region they playing in, what sort of things they doing and which corps do they belong to?

I've heard some of us have moved in with TCO. How many and if so, what's TCO involved in at the moment?

As for my state of things, I had set up a manufacturing business. I'm afraid that didn't work too well so sorry to all those who have donated. I do, however, have some BPOs (including one for an Iteron V), which have some research on them, which I'm planning on merging in with TCOs manufacturing operations. I also have several mil ISK worth of resources which will probably be contributed to TCOs manufacturing as well. As for me, I'm now training up to be a shield tanking foo and will probably start heading out on missions or assisting with mining in the attacking of Rats (Anyone remember what that actually stands for?). I'm also hoping to carry on with the manufacturing, probably on the form of producing low-cost missiles and ammunition for whatever corp I chose to serve (probably TCO).

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 am 
Spammer

I've thrown in with TCO. They've been great and are extremely helpful and provide a very fair (probably more than fair) outlet for the ore that I mine.

They've also sponsored a couple group events to New Eden - which I unfortunately was not able to make.

When I came back in about 6-8 weeks ago Avian in EVE just wasn't functioning which is why I asked to join TCO.

TCO has had a resurgence of interest from their own as well so its not unusual to see half a dozen people on at any one time. Seems small, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Regardless of whether, as Avians, we're in TCO or in other guild, as a few are (I'm sure they'll post what they're doing) TCO does have a public chat that everyone should hop into. It's called TCO-Public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:58 am 

Yeah, TCO adopted an open door policy for taking in Avians into the corp. We got 4 or 5 Avians now I think.

As for what TCO is doing in game right now. Lessee.... we have many members doing missions regularly. Several are even using level 4 agents (Including myself believe it or not.) And Caih is mere days away from being able to pilot the first capitol ship, a dreadnaught.

Our manufacturing took off like a bat outta hell. We have been manufacturing battleships for the better part of 2 months now and have even purchased our first battleship BPO (A Dominix) which is currenty being researched to get the mineral requirements down. We also manufacture a large amount of missiles (Heavy, light and cruise mostly) that sell very well in rim regions as well as a number of other products with less profit margin, but fill out the equipment listings at the stations we sell at making them more attractive markets.

We are in serious discussions about the possibility of a Player Owned Station in high security space, possibly Enedore. The benifits would mostly be in the area of research and manufacturing with some mining benifits for members as well. But the benifits vs effort is still being weighed.

We are also on the verge of having some of the first members of the corp start research agents. This will give us a chance at attaining tech 2 BPOs which can give TCO a major edge in the marketplace.

We are also ready to start diverting profit capitol from the manufacturing effort to monthy pay for corp members to help the younger members buy new ships, skills and equipment they might otherwise have to wait for. Tho this is not been given the official go ahead yet, it is possible we will start profit sharing in October.

Ventures into low sec are a regular occurance for many of our mission runners now and we even have had some members venture into 0.0 space (Including myself on several occasions. Yeah I know. I can't believe it either.) and when TCO's first dreadnaught is in operation we can expect group mission running in low sec to be a regular occurance.

TCO has even had it's first war with mixed results. (They lost a ship and we lost a ship) and we all have Ravage to thank for that. His talent for upsetting psychotic women has finally yielded results. In this case only he was involved as he was thier target (I hid in a station for a couple weeks till it was over) but in all fairness he did way more damage to the enemy than they did to him on both a financial and psychological level after he defeated thier hired mercenary corp's leader in a duel.

Currently we are in peacetime and have manufactured and sold 29 battleships to date. Tho the economic conquest of EVE is still underway, it is definatly progressing. :)

Look forward to seeing you in game again as well as anyone else from Avian who is planning to return to EVE or try it out for the first time.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:42 am 
Spammer

I've just started again and joined TCO since Avian wasn't a real option. I'm still just a few days in so not much to report, although LA has been very helpful.

WoW - Dalaran: Bolg Golga Virrok All Retired
SWG - Golga Bolg - Doctor (Resident) Retired
Eve - Edge Finn - Limbo
Section 2 - (Former) Director
What am I playing now?: The waiting game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

yep I agree. TCO is a great place to be. They are very active and always seem to have someone online. My playtime is pretty limited so when I am on I am usually on late at night for an hour or three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:05 am 

I setup a 14 day account to play around in, for the life of me I cant remember which of my old accounts has Dais in it which has all the money and skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:33 am 
Spammer

Hmmm, Dais there may be an account look up option on the main EVE site based on e-mail address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:18 pm 

I know the account names, unless I am missing one, but I am having a hard time figuring out which account had everything on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm 

Shame you can't view the My Character page on accounts that aren't active...