Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antar's Journal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:25 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Antar woke up. The glaring bright lights of the room were blinding him. Antar squinted, trying to allow his eyes to adjust.
"Mr Karmalon" A voice was heard to his left. "Mr Karmalon, sir. Try not to move too quickly, you are very weak." Antar took the advice and relaxed.
"What happened?" He asked, his eyes now beginning to adjust, he could make out the nurse's silloette.
"You were attacked, sir. Almost fatally, but as you were outside of a pod at the time, we were unable to activate a clone, so you were brought here." She paused. "You've been in a coma for seven months." Seven months! Wow, that's a long time to be out of it! "I'm afraid that your business has been put on hold, everything is as you left it."

Antar walked into the labs used by Karmalon Industries, the Duvolle Labs Factory orbiting Inghenges VI's fifteenth Moon. Ten copies of his Iteron V blueprint had been sitting there all that time. Looking through his customer list, they had all gone elsewhere months ago, there was not much point in carrying on into manufacture. Avian seemed now to be a dormant corp, its members having long since moved on to other things. Antar podded up and took his Badger back to the old HQ in Duripant. Emails came in from a few of the old friends, LazyAmy and Moge, among others, with congratulations on the recovery. Moge and Taka offered advice on what skills to take up from here on in and LA happily suggested Antar joined up with TCO, Avian's allies for many years, and combine his manufacturing assets with those of TCO. Antar considered this proposal seriously.

A few days have gone by. Antar spent most of those sitting in the HQ in Duripant catching up on the learning, when a call came in from Leno WeEda, a former Avian.
"Hey Antar, long time no see. Locin and I were about to head out and mine some Kernite, you want to join us?"
"Sure, where you at?"
"Dihra in the Devoid region." Antar checked his map.
"But that's 15 jumps away, 24 if I go the safe route!"
"Yeah, well, we figured you needed to get out a bit!" Antar sighed and checked his inventory.
"Fair enough. Let me set up my cruiser and I'll be right there."

24 jumps later and he was at the 'roid belt mining Kernite and firing missiles at the rats that showed up. Ahhh the good life! All in all, I good day's mining, with 6M ISK worth of minerals to have shipped back to Duri to be sold. While he was mining, Leno taught him the art of trading. Now, with a new lease of life and a few mil ISK to play with, there are plenty of opertunities out there waiting to be explored.

It's good to be back!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)