Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 0.0: The ugly side
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 am 
Site Admin

I don't get much time ingame these days so it has taken me about 2 weeks to get all the things on Monikers shopping list prior to returning to 0.0 space.

She collected everything from skill books to hardware and finally loaded up a small Iteron II for the trip back. With over 100million in supplies she scouted the most dangerous jump which is the one out of Torrinos and into 0.0

She scanned the channels and a few people gave the all clear so she warped in. All was in fact clear. Right as I was settling into a long flight on insta jumps a system report came in saying the servers where going down for a 12 hour patch. Figuring she could get a few more jumps she set off. 6 jumps in she warped to a gate. As she came out of warp there were 3 warp bubbles and knew that their were pirates around.

Of course that was one insta bookmark location that was wrong. She came out of warp 6k from the gate. Had it been a correct bookmark she could have easily jumped with no problems. She, and all of here gear went pop in one massive volley.

To be honest, I don't care about the loss of the ISK, ship or gear. It is the time lost that is most annoying. She got away before she was podded but all the gear is gone.

I guess I learned a few things in this.

Always make a list of what you buy so you can rebuy it easy
always have a scout - always
if you know a bookmark is wrong - fix it!
If more that 3 people are in space - dont warp to a gate!
Oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:30 pm 

Youch. :(

Yeah. 0.0 is full of folks like that. They make a very good living popping ships for thier equipment and cargo or ransoming pods.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

I kinda wish they offer a ransom on my secure container. Instead they just sat there till it went pop. I would have paid big money for not having to rebuy all that crap.

tonight I'll remade a few bookmarks and get back to torrinos. Such is life in the big black I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:59 pm 

If there were interdict fields set up, your instawarp wouldn't have meant much anyway-- you'd have come out of warp prematurely if you contacted one of them.