Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Low Point
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:45 am 
Spammer

I've actually hit a bit of a low point again, game-wise. I was going to keep this in my reply to Moge's Titan post because even though I'm at a low point its things like the Titan coupled with new functionality around the corner that this time will keep me current with my subscription to keep my skills going rather than taking a real break.

I sold a time card for 370 million and now have 440 million ISK. I have about 2 months of higher end learning skills to master before knocking off some ship specific skills to tighten my defensive and offensive capabilities. I'm a bit bored with mining, cargo runs, and missions...and have been thinking about dabbling in manufacturing since I haven't tried it. I still need several skills to get into the research biz so that's out too.

When I was looking at manufacturing yesterday in-game, it seemed that as long as I had the BPO, the minerals, the station, and the open slot i could manufacture stuff to my hearts content. Anything I'm missing other than I'm not doing it as efficiently as I could be with some skills, etc? Or the research aspect of finding something that will sell and actually make a profit? I looked at 2 things yesterday EMP M bullets and Devastator Cruise Missiles. With the bullets, I couldn't see how people were making a profit. With the cruise missiles the profit margin was pretty nice. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Nice work on the time card. I've never even seen one.

As for the manufacturing. That is about it I think. work on research eff so you use less materials and maybe some trade skills to lower your taxes on buy/sell orders.

Why do you have 2 months of learning skills? Are you training them the most effective way? Are you taking any tier II learning skills past III?

you should do:
Eidetic memory I-III
Focus I-III
Clarity I-IV

Even though Moge uses some Charisma skills in training he only have tier I to lvl IV. It just isn't woth the time to go to V or tier II on that. Also only Clarity (perception) is worth taking to IV in tier II skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:30 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Well I've tried manufacturing for a little while. You really need one or two skills taken to level V to be able to make a decent profit. Also, the higher end you get, the longer it takes to build the stuff. All in all, for me to get just one Itty V, it would have taken 3 months. Two of those, I've actually done, I've just to actually build an Itty V yet though. The other problem is shipping. If you build large objects (such as ships) that you're unable to fly yourself, you need some way of shipping them to the right place to sell them from.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:13 pm 

You don't need any specific skills to manufacture most items in EVE. However, manufacturing T2 items does require the manufacturer to have additional skills and items. Those things will be listed on the bill of materials. Amy and I are still a ways off of manufacturing T2 stuff right now (reaaally need research agents, heh), so don't worry about not being able to do that aspect of manufacturing just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

I have a research agent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:25 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:

As for the manufacturing. That is about it I think. work on research eff so you use less materials and maybe some trade skills to lower your taxes on buy/sell orders.

Why do you have 2 months of learning skills? Are you training them the most effective way? Are you taking any tier II learning skills past III?

you should do:
Eidetic memory I-III
Focus I-III
Clarity I-IV

Even though Moge uses some Charisma skills in training he only have tier I to lvl IV. It just isn't woth the time to go to V or tier II on that. Also only Clarity (perception) is worth taking to IV in tier II skills.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I've got Anal. Mind (:)) to 5, Clarity to 3, Eidetic Mem to 4, Empathy to 1, Focus to 4, Instant Recall to 5, Iron Will to 5, Learning to 5 Logic to 4, Spatial Aware 5.

Eidetic Memory 5, Focus 5, Logic 5, Clarity 4 and 5 will take 62-63 days. Except for Clarity 4 the rest are a waste of time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

yep. Really dont bother. It really is hardly even worth getting most of the tier II learning skills to IV. If you are at Tier II at lvl III-IV I would greatly recommend that you move on.

If you want a boost get +3 basic implants. They go for 17-23mil each. All my characters have them - they go boom when you get podded!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

For manufacturing, get the Production Efficiency skill and get it to Level V. That will save you 20% of the mineral requirements for anything you're building (and so 20% of the cost). For most things, you simply can't sell competitively if you don't have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 am 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:

Thanks. One of our TCO friends (I think it was Caih) turned me on to the one legal way to buy ISK in game.

100 day GTC (Game Time Cards) go for 350-420 million ISK. I bought ISK illegally with Lanasa when I first got back in the game, but blew it all on high priced cargo expanders, doing foolhardy courier missions that were traps, etc. because I wanted to just "run through the game" and get an accelerated taste w/o the consequences. When I came back to the game for good, I didn't want to go that route again and found out about this...