Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missions suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

I’ve been wanting to make some headway on the whole mission agent thing. Any suggestions as to what Corps to do missions for? What about must have skills, I know about connections, but do you suggest anything else?

FYI I am Gal and spend most of my time in Everyshore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

skills can be very minimal. Connections and related skills are very helpful. Try and choose a corp that owns a lot of stations so you can move up to lvl II-V without much traveling.

I never really got into the mission thing but I do d them from time to time. Some of the TCO guys I know mission pretty often and may have a better answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:07 pm 

Try working your way up the Federation Navy agents. They have lots of agents that are combat only (or at least only give out deliveries on rare occasions) and they have plenty of agents for each level in high sec.

I currently have worked up to using the level 4 agent in Ation so I am close to several regions and maybe 10 jumps from Jurl and Aice.

Currently the "Infiltrated outpost" and "The score" missions are my favorites because I can slip thru them in my Scorpion with minimal effort.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:54 pm 

I think you need to let us know what your "goal" is in missioning? Like for instance, my goal is to build may standing with FIO up to 6.7 so I can refine ore there at no penalty after my refining skills are up to par. FIO is where my corp has all of there offices, and in our area of lo sec, FIO has the best level II, III, and IV agents.

After that Im going to chose a corp that is far ranging (maybe Scope) so wherever I go I can mineralize close to where I mine.

So for me its to further my industrial goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:04 pm 

There are two goals to missioning: getting isk, and getting standings.

There are honestly better ways to get ISK. Mining in 0.0, running complexes, etc are much more profitable if you can sustain it. Static complexes are tough because they're usually pretty heavily camped and only spawn the money dropper once every 6 hours or so.

We need to get someone doing exploration and see about finding hidden complexes or doing escalating thingers or something, would be a lot of fun...

Best reason to run missions right now? Jump Clones. Since they reduced the standing requirement on jump clones, there's a lot of incentive to getting 8.0 standing with a corp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

cn you tell us what you need to make a jump clone? I have the skills and I know that you need standing. I also know that they changed this recently.
How long does it take to get 8.0 seems like a lot of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:37 am 

8.0 isn't too bad. The trick is getting access to level 4 agents. Once you have those (and can run the missions), it's pretty easy sailing. You might try looking for an agent to run from in low sec. Those guys give more rewards per mission, so getting the standings should be quicker too.

You will have to run a number of missions, though.