Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

I am looking at something like twenty two 0.0 jumps to get to my destination.

This got me to thinking. Knowing that gate campers could be at every gate along the way, it is wise to assume that the best time to make my jumps is right after server restart? Odds are that the campers iron grip would be less tight at that time, and my odds of slipping through their fingers would be greater. I could maybe do a few jumps each morning before work and reach my destination in a week.

What say you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm 
Spammer

From a noob's perspective, it seems like a good plan. Just make sure you can find a safe place to park after your high-risk jumps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:22 pm 
Spammer

Cy,

You can jump right to point 0.0 of a stargate now and jump immediately...they essentially did away with the waypoints people were buying.

Now, that probably won't matter if there's hardcore campers / interdictors, but you should be ok from a random attack.

Have you searched the boards to see if there are any points on your routes that are known camp spots? How about the option on the galaxy map that shows ships destroyed in the last 24 / 1 hour(s)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

main thing you need to worry about are warp bubbles.

So ling as you scout ahead in a cheap ship you will be fine. Also be sure you are in Dreamscape before you go.

If you want we can plan the trip when I am on so I can scout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks all.

Moge, I am at Torrinos, making my list and checking it twice. I am in Dreamscape already. I need to fit my ships for the run, and buy those cap recharges for my mid slots. I probably need to set up some jump clones, but it may be too late for that… not sure what all they require.

Do you think Rylanne can fly in her Interon 5, or do I really need to sell it and buy another on the other side?

If we plan, I can make a run with you. My big worry is trying to pilot both accounts from my laptop, which would be the case if Danyale makes me go out of town this weekend. If I get a mouse for the laptop I wouldn’t be half as worried, the touchpad isn’t a quick way of navigating eve’s right-click menus.

What else do I need to do before the journey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

sell the Iteron and travel in a frig. It will help since you will be on a slow box.
Worst case I run one of your accounts on my second computer.

dont worry about jump clones. They require standing but there is an easier way once you are in 0.0. Just as a DS person on how to do it. There is a skill you need for jump clones, forget what it is atm though.

I am out of game for a few more days but will be on during the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

what day were you planning on making the trip? I am free most of the weekend and plan to do some mining and such in that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hurray! Danyale has to work Saturday, we won’t be going out of town.

I work till noon Friday, and then I am off the rest of the week. I can start as early as Friday afternoon, or as late as Sunday night. Exactly when is your call. I will spend tomorrow selling and buying the last things on my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:11 am 
Spammer

The skill for jumpclones I beleive is called Infomorph Pschology.

WoW - Dalaran: Bolg Golga Virrok All Retired
SWG - Golga Bolg - Doctor (Resident) Retired
Eve - Edge Finn - Limbo
Section 2 - (Former) Director
What am I playing now?: The waiting game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:55 am 

A few pointers here.

First the warning about warp bubbles it a good one. After you jump in system, and while you are still cloaked, choose a moon, belt or planet to the extream right or left of your target gate and warp to that location 100km out, then warp to 0m of your target gate.

This will generally bring you off the alignment path of any warp bubbles placed to yank you out of warp.

Second. If you have the skill. Get a cloaking device. Should you find yourself in a system you can't risk trying to get out of at the moment you can allways jump within 100km of a belt, planet or moon and cloak untill it's safe to try a run on a gate.

Third. Fill your low slots with warp stabalizers if you can. Best chance to get thru a gate is to jump to 0m and stay unscrambled long enough to jump.

last, also if you have the skills, fill every free mid slot with ECMs. Multispectral if you only can fit a few, but the specific types if you can fit 4 (One of each specialty ECM) as a last ditch effort you can use them to maybe break a tacklers lock on you and get thru the gate or warp away and cloak.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

good advice on the gate>moon>gate.

A lot of the systems Cyrus will be moving through will be empty. Also we are in a decent size alliance but we are set to friendly on 98% of the other alliances. Really all we are worried about are pirates.

Keep your local open! Move into a system, if it is empty then warp to the gate. If someone is in it check to see if they are dark blue or light blue (excellent and very good standing). If they are all that way warp directly to gate. Even if you get into a warp bub they will let you pass. A lot of times Alliances set up warp bubbles for pirates (we have been getting a decent amount of pirates lately.

If someone in local is not friendly tagged then either scout the next gate with a frig or warp in from a moon and hope you are not busted.

Warp stabs to help a lot. But from experience, pirates will lock you, scram you and kill you before you even get a lock. EW is nice but rarely works are defense from pirates as most have warp scram and 1 or 2 target disruptor's.

A good scout is really all you need to make the jumps.