Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 am 

Full story here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameb...threadID=490860
(too lazy to make a linky)

I was part of the 23 strong initial snigg force of mostly frigs and cruisers that found the carrier nest, engaged them and held them and their reinforcements till our reinforcements came.... about 25 minutes later.

I didn't last the full fight in my little rifter, but i helped with about 9 kills of their support ships, mostly tech 2 cruisers/battlecruisers before i was taken down...

At that point, i managed to get out with my pod off to a planet, then a safespot.... about 85% of the sniggs lost their ships durring the time it took the coalition to get there, including Shamis... (Snigg CEO in his command ship)

I firmly believe i and a large portion more of our ships would have survived a lot better if we were able to use our MWDs. unfortunately this stargate the battle took place at was very close to a complex or something, and engulfed in a gas cloud... our whole gang was going base speed and none too happy about it. but we stuck it out.

Once the reinforcements arrived, i warped back to the battle in my pod and sat there in awe. Dreads and battleships filled the skies, it was an awesome sight.

It still took them over 30 minutes to take down the 3 carriers. The whole thing lasted over an hour, and was the single coolest thing i've seen in eve to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

read this last week but didnt reply.
Glad you are still in the pirate gang. Also glad to see they are starting to do large battles again. Seems the ebb and flow a bit.

Sounds like one of those game making kind of experiences. Would be awesome to have been there. Got any screenshots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:27 pm 

I think i snapped one or 2... but mostly just sat there awestruck... i'll check my screenshot folder when i get home tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:20 pm 

Ravage wrote:
I firmly believe i and a large portion more of our ships would have survived a lot better if we were able to use our MWDs. unfortunately this stargate the battle took place at was very close to a complex or something, and engulfed in a gas cloud... our whole gang was going base speed and none too happy about it. but we stuck it out.

Thats a big "ouch" in a T1 Frig, the main advantage being speed to get transversal......

Bigeest fight I have been in so far was 42 of my Alliances ships vs 28 of the other alliances ships. That lasted 20 minutes or so and was cool as hell.

I was in a Maulus in basicaly our home cluster in 0.0. I got popped in the first 3 minutes, warped my pod back to station, got another Maulus, and went right back into the fight. I got on 5 of the kill mails, pretty cool for a carebear like me.

I would have loved to have seen that carrier battle, that must have been cool as all hell. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:08 am 

yeah... well... guess i didn't take any pics of the battle... as i said before... pretty much sat there awestruck throughout most of it. but anyway... heres a couple of my new toy command ship. mmmm Eos-alicious.

Image Image