Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:14 am 
Spammer

So...i will be able to fly a minmatar dreadnought in 35 days (Naglfar).

There's one small problem: the 4 remaining skillbooks to get there cost approximately 515 million ISK. This doesn't count the cost of the actual ship which I hear is between 1.5 - 1.8 billion ISK.

That's about $240 in GTC's since I don't make much money in-game. I really don't want to spend that just to fly one ship, so I'm soliciting money making advice.

I'm plodding my way through missions with the intaki in my new home, but think that mining is probably the way to go in order to subsidize my little adventure. To get a covetor is another 49 days of skill training, and i could just go the route of a hulk for 50 days in training time in order to do ice harvesting and the like but that's more of an investment than I'm willing to consider at this point.

I guess what mining skills should I have and ores should I focus on at this point leveraging my maelstrom as a miner in 0.0 to make money?

I've got Industry 3, Mining 4, Prod Efficiency 2, Refinery Efficenty 3, Refining 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

I am in a similar predicament when it comes to ship/mod funding and Isk generation. Ry and Cy are under 15 days away from Exhumers, yet my accounts will be hard pressed to buy all that I will need for two Ice mining Mackinaws and two Ore mining Hulks, and all the fittings needed.

Ry and Cy both mine Crokite for an income. When the jetcan is full Ry switches over to hauling duty while Cy continues to mine and pop pirates. Rinse and repeat for our money making strategy. Our low Isk problem is more of a result of fewer mining ops thanks to RL.

In addition to maxing out your mining skill, training Astrogeology will also increase your mining laser yield. I am less than 15 days away, on both characters, from achieving Astrogeology 5, which in addition to improving my mining yield, is a prerequisite for piloting Exhumers.

Since I focus on mining Crokite I have the Crokite Processing skill to limit refining waste as much as possible. Currently it is at Level 4, I will take it to 5 once I knock out other pressing skill priorities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but Moge is fully trained in mining and has a Crokite exhumer. if someone either needs his account or ship he is available.

he is also paid for thsi month and I just know that I wont even have a chance to even play.

Only rule, you break it, you buy it :)

He has full implants so going pop would be expensive, if for the ship replacement alone. I need to check on insurance.

Cy or Dbakke PM me if you want to make use of Moge and/or his ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 am 
Spammer

Thanks man, but I'm not sure I want that responsibility. I'm not much of an alt guy for whatever reason so its been a bit challenging trying to "do everything" with one char.

Thanks for the tips as well, Cy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm 

Here is the value of the mins from a full jet can of a specifc ore, based on corp mineral prices in the cluster.

Veldspar: 1.459M
Scordite: 2.159M
Pyroxene: 1.652M
Palgioclase: 1.826M
Omber: 2,210M
Kernite: 2.524M
Jaspet: 1.906M
Hemo: 2.342M
Hedbergite: 2.869M
Dark Ochre: 2.957M

We dont have cronkite in our neck of the woods and the latest crash in zydrine prices is really screwing up the high end minerals. (Including cronkite) You would almost be better off mining in high sec and going for volume vice quality, plus a lot less hassles (tanking rats, red box incursions, etc.)

Then there is ice mining, and if someone is already tanking the belts, thats a nice way to make some isk's and a lot easier to get into then a hulk.

In cluster, and especially if you can do it in the slow times, ratting is a good way to make fast ISK.