Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Info tidbits summary
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:12 pm 
Spammer

A quick summary about the game take from various spots off the game's main site for those who don't have the time to go rifling through many webpages.

Economy

- can trade with other players directly (same as WoW trade window)
- tradeposts (ala WoW auction houses) are available to build in player citiies and will function like vendors, where you list an item for sale at a set price, no auctioning and waiting for cash to arrive. No word if these tradeposts are linked across the world or if a guild can generate repore through offering the best items through their own tradepost and get more traffic to their city.

Crafting

- items craftable by PCs - only PC items will have sockets to attach gems
- each character can have one crafting profession but all gathering professions
- quality of crafted items depend on quality of resource used (not as extensive as the SWG resource stats but still a bit more complex thatn WoW)
- crafting professions include: weaponsmith, armorsmith, alchemist, architect, and gemcutter
- gathering professions include: mining, prospecting, skinning, stonecutting, weaving, and woodcutting
- professions learned via trainers (i.e. no skill/feat points required to allocate, taking away from combat abilities)
- progression is done through questing, not grinding meaningless items just to skill up
- higher tiers of craftables learned as your character level goes up
- for now, crafting starts at level 40

Combat

- no auto-attacks (must hit a key to cast/swing every time)
- up to 5 different directions to swing/attack from, with the idea being to attack from the direction where the opponents defenses are not angled towards
- active defense allows you to manipulate focus of your defenses
- can learn combo sequences as one levels up
- attacks are generally not taget specific, rather affect all mobs in the area of reach
- spells, including healing, also generally follow the AoE or cone effect rather than being target specific
- mounted combat is in (horse, mammoth, rhino and so on), with different variations of each mount possible (e.g. faster vs wear heavy armor)

PvP

- includes mini-games and the massive siege PvP
- mini-games include a capture the flag type game and a team deathmatch type
- siege PvP is essentially the more end game PvP, whereby guilds try to take over and defend created battlekeeps
- separate PvP-level system with dedicated PvP feats and purchaseable items (ala WoW honor token purchased items with stats more geared for PvP)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm 

Nice. Thanks for putting this together Angelus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:07 am 
Site Admin

Last week I spent a lot of time educating myself, reading everything on their website. This post is great in that it puts the game's major facets in one easy to read place. Thank you!

I want to know more about how crafting feels?
I was a bit disappointed to find that crafting advancement, through quests, is gated by your character level. This seems akin to WoW crafting where you have to level up your character via the fighting side of the game in order to make progress on the crafting side of the game. No “City Bothan” in this game.