Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FYI/Update type thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:56 pm 

Just letting you guys know... if you're insterested in messing around with EVE for the first time, or had that inkling feeling that you'd like to give it another shot.

The Trinity patch that went out november/decemberish, made the game so much more beautiful... everything got a new model, from Ships, to stargates, to stations... everything. Bottom line, the game looks fantastic.

Today, the "Empryean Age" expansion has been put out to the masses.

Features wrote:
Factional Militias
Governments on every side of the war are eager to recruit pod pilots, and have set up factional militias as a means of bolstering their standing navies. Each faction has a corporation open to all pilots with the appropriate factional standing minimums. CEOs and directors are also encouraged to bring their entire corporations under the aegis of the militias, to better fund and coordinate the war effort. Regardless of corporation membership, all militia members will share a chat channel and read-only mailing list.
Ranks
Each of the factions relies heavily upon the support of their militias, granting the privateers great political clout. Talented pilots dedicated to the cause can rise through the newly-created ranks, 10 for each faction, by increasing their standing with their chosen militia's corporation.
Factional Warfare Agents
In order to handle the influx of mercenary pilots, each of the four militia corporations have hired new agents-over 320 in all. These new agents are specifically tasked with coordinating the activities of freelance pod pilots and assigning them missions inside territory held by enemy militias.
Statistics
Due to the emphasis placed on the role of militias in the conflict, many stations now boast new Militia Offices. Pilots can track their own warfare victories and kill statistics, as well as those of their corporation and faction. Each pilot's map has also been upgraded to better accommodate the increased flow of logistics data. The galactic map can now be configured to show occupancy status of a system, as well as detecting the presence of hostile navy forces.
System Occupancy
In light of the formal declaration of war, CONCORD is now recognizing a new level of system control beyond sovereignty: occupancy. Factions gain occupancy of a system by winning conflicts in contested complexes. When a militia accumulates a certain number of victories for its faction, it is authorized to assault the star's System Control Bunker within 24 hours. Should the bunker fall to the attacking militia, a cease-fire is called in the system's Factional Warfare Complexes, and that faction gains occupancy of the solar system.
Combat Zones
As the fighting has spread throughout the inhabited regions of space, many of them have been deemed Combat Zones. Most of these contested regions are located in low-security space, but not all. Regardless of their security level, each of the systems within a Combat Zone contains a System Control Bunker near their stars. These bunkers coordinate all activity within their system's Factional Warfare Complexes.
Factional Warfare Complexes
As war rages across the stars of New Eden, a myriad of hidden deadspace complexes have taken on great strategic importance. Militia pilots that successfully scan for a complex and hold it uncontested for a set amount of time will claim it for their faction, and be rewarded with corporate standing-as well as more tangible benefits. But capturing these points of interest will not be easy, as they're guarded by rival naval forces. Speed and cunning are required to keep these important sites out of enemy hands, which is why microwarpdrives have been cleared for use in the complexes.
World Shaping
The confines of settled space cannot contain a war of this scale, causing the fighting to spill over into a new region. Named "Black Rise," this new region contains 49 new star systems and nearly 40 stations, many of which are already sworn to one faction or another.

In sort, this FREE expansion seems like its going to add a whole new dimension to the whole factional warfare aspect of the game. I'm excited to see how it goes.

Also wanted to mention, that the Avian and TCO guilds have pretty much fallen apart in game. I don't believe either have any active members, and thus they were abandoned, along with their resources and assets... since noone had access to them anymore.

However, recently... I managed to convince an officer of of TCO who recently returned, that had access to their assets... to leave his Corporation, and join my newly created one. He brought with him TCO's in game wealth, which was fairly significant in Blueprint Originals, and Isk (EVE Currency) The plan at the moment is to use this to atempt to start the manufacturing of newly introduced Tech 2 Battleships. Which can be "invented" with the Dominix Battleship BPO brought over from TCO.

So point being... It seems to be exciting times in the EVE universe, if you've ever had a thought of giving it a(nother) try, this is a good time.

Link for a 14 day free trial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:36 pm 
Spammer

Is there anyone here who can access the Avian stuff too? That way you guys could consolidate it all.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:09 am 

i don't know if there is, avian as a corp was dead before i started the game, I was a member at one point, but i don't think i ever saw an officer type in game more than once... would be sweet if we could get our grubby little hands on avian's assets too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm 

Unless the national ISP on Greenland (Tele Greenland) gous away from the volume taxations on the ADSL connections I'm not gonna play.
To pay for each MB you download or upload would be too much for my bankaccount...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:38 pm 

Faction Warfare is fun right now. My corp was the first corp in the gallente militia, and my guys have been having a blast. Im going to jump into the fray sometime this weekend.