Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Eve Status
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm 

Ravage wrote:
As for exhumers, you're correct, theres no point for an exhumer in high sec. the retriever, i'm pretty sure has a drone bay, which you can throw at least a few light drones in, which will more than be enough for protection mining in high sec.

if you're going to be doing any serious amount of mining, keep in mind you'll also need some form of industrial. gallente have the biggest cargo capacity in that respect, but you can fly anyone you wish. (note: if you're flying minmatar combat ships, doesn't mean you have to fly minmatar industrials. you can mix and match as you see fit)

Beware the "this is the right answer". :wink:

Each level of exhumer gives you 10% extra yeild. Plus is has more cap and grid to fit MLU's further increasing your yeild. No they are a lot more expensive than a covetor. So its a cost benefit analysis. if you are going to do a LOT of minig train and get an exhumer, for casual mining in hi sec you can probablt get away with a Covetor. But you need to answer that ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 pm 

Fair enough... i'm not ashamed to admit that mining is the subject i prolly know the least about. I've done the Domi thing filled with miner 2s and upgrades, and whatnot... but i've never owned a barge :)

Also DF, i forgot to mention. if you and your friends end up wanting to come out, i can take a trip in my freighter and move everyone's stuff all at once. its quite simple to create a transport contract so everything you have would be put in a nice little box.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:39 pm 

Ya I was just ribbing you a bit ravage 8)

I am really big at getting people to answer there own questions in this game because its a sandbox, there usually is more than one right answer, and occassionally wrong answers are right and visa versa. Those nano Drakes in The Forge lo sec thru me for a loop. Ive been laughing at Drakes in PvP for years.

So there ya go, for three years all Ive heard and all Ive seen is Drakes are lulz in PvP, and I got my ass kicked by a pair of pros. There is always something to learn in this game ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:46 am 

imagine my rage last night when i found another Mem/Int skill i wanted before respec. Curse you Energy Emission Systems 5! At least its only 6 days. but still!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:03 pm 

Ravage wrote:
imagine my rage last night when i found another Mem/Int skill i wanted before respec. Curse you Energy Emission Systems 5! At least its only 6 days. but still!

You lover of smartbombs! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:17 pm 

Nono. you're thinking energy pulse weapons... that ones staying at 4. energy emission systems is like cap transfer arrays, or for my purposes... energy neutralizers. go Pilgrim!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 am 

Ravage wrote:
Nono. you're thinking energy pulse weapons... that ones staying at 4. energy emission systems is like cap transfer arrays, or for my purposes... energy neutralizers. go Pilgrim!

Ah kk. hell I still don't know what half the skills do unless I look em up :lol:

Sorry I was so quiet last night, trying to move two accounts simultaneously thru low sec is a bit intense, especially since my second screen crapped out last week, and Im doing it on one screen now :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 am 

alt tabbing fun.

no worries. i wasn't in the mood for much of anything last night anyway. heh.

also, the exhumer skill only gives 3% bonus per level.,,, just thought i'd throw that out there ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 pm 

Dragon

Try this link to calculate avergae ore values

http://www.evegeek.com/orecalc.php

Its been a while since Ive had to calculate ore, and I had to find the linky. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 pm 
Spammer

evemon has one built in as well, but doesnt have the refining skill etc options! thanks!

Ravage and couple of others took me out on some lvl 4 missions over the weekend ( and 2 lvl 3's last night) very cool stuff...even If I couldn't do damage against anything larger then frigates and some crusiers it was lots of fun.

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 am 

Dragon Fire wrote:
evemon has one built in as well, but doesnt have the refining skill etc options! thanks!

Ravage and couple of others took me out on some lvl 4 missions over the weekend ( and 2 lvl 3's last night) very cool stuff...even If I couldn't do damage against anything larger then frigates and some crusiers it was lots of fun.

Something that is very skill un-intensive for a n00b to help in missions with is being the scavenger. Train science and salvage to use tractors and salvagers. You loot the missions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 pm 

Already got him in a destroyer to do just that heh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 pm 

With all these relative n00bs playing Ravage, its probably time to get them thinking about an alt Trade character for ISK making, as well as passive income via datacore whoring.

Even if they can't farm datacores yet because of the skill requirements, if they are missioning, then can mission for some of the R&D corps now, build up standing, and then when they get the skills start the datacore whoring.

I did Creodron and Roden Shipyards a while back, and Im running 5 level 4 R&D agents right now.

And a lot of that standing grind can be done via couriers in combo with an appropriate storyline agent.

Lots of areas to grind Creodron in Gallente High Sec, and what I did to finish off was run 15 level 4 Creodron, then pop down to Verge Vendor to do a level 4 gallente courier mission right next to a Roden Shipyards storyline agent. The level 4's got me enough Creodron standing, and the final mission next to a Roden storyline allowed me to use storylines to gring Roden Shipyards (which has most of its agents in low sec.)

Boundless Creations might also be a good bet for your Minnie N00bs. I think they got a couple of mission hubs in Gallente space.

I used this Agent finder: http://eve-agents.com/

And the ombeve maps to plan mission areas, using couriers to get 16 quick missions, then getting a big standing (and faction boost) via storylines. Four example do 16 level 2 missions for Creodron in the same system as a creodron storyline agent or within a jump or two.

Trade alt is pretty self explanatory. Sit in a trade hub, and buy low and sell high.

COSMOS and Data Center agents are easy ways to get Faction early in your career, so you can stop doing level 1 and level 2 missions as soon as possible. Here is that COSMOS link: http://tinyurl.com/52yb4h

And yep the Datacenter agents take tags and they can be expensive. So buy extras low, and sell then high with that new trade alt ;) I made 100's of millions selling just tags alone, and a lot of that was on low skilled disposable alts in Dodixie (Gallente Tags) and Hek (Minnie Tags). And thats the only tip Ill give you on trading ;) But when it was all said and done, I didn't spend any ISK on tags, trading extra's pretty much paid for all my tags (or at least most of them) thru the level 3 tag (datacenter) agents.

I just bring this up because I wish I would have known about this stuff earlier in my EVE Career.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 pm 

Thanks for the info. I do have research agents going... 5 of them at the moment, and i mentioned it in passing last night to a couple corp mated to see if they were interested at all. but i've never heard of data center agents. the agent finder page doesn't seem to have a section for them either. could you elaborate of them?

i have decent Creodron and Duvolle Labs faction for the research, but i don't see a category under their agent listings for Datacenter... don't think i've seen that on any corp's listings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:01 pm 

At the bottom of each Racial page at the link I gave you, is the list of each races "Data Center Agents". It looks like COSMOS, it acts like COSMOS (sort of), but its not really COSMOS. All the COSMOS agents of a given race are in one constellation. These guys are outside of that constellation.

Ill use Gallente as an example.

If you look at the bottom half of the Gallente Page, the Header is "State Data Center Agents (standing for tags)"

You'll see some level 1 agents in Muir first. Two of the agents take tags, and one is a quickie courier mission. So get the tags you need first, then go to Muir.

When you enter Muir, you will see a beacon for State Data center on your overview. Warp to the beacon. Its "Agents in Space", sitting in a space ship. You can right click and select start conversation, and start the mission.

The Tag agents are simple, with tags in your cargo hold start the mission and turn them in. The courier is just like a regular courier. The key is for State Data Center and COSMOS missions is don't start the mission till you have the item required. So don't start those State Data Center missions till you have the tags. Because these are one shot deals, once you start the mission, you have the usual one week to complete or else you fail and can not EVER get the mission again.

For many of the COSMOS missions you have to "farm items" in the complexs in the COSMOS constellation, and then turn them in to finish a mission. Make sure you farm or buy the item before you start the mission.

Thats where that website comes in handy. It tells you what you need before you start.

Does that explain things better?

Im just thinking the n00bs may want to get started sooner than later datacore whoring. Especially if you are already missioning anyway. ANd I think Duvalle has some decent combat agents.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:39 am 
Site Admin

You guys make me want to play again.

Aside from working 90 hrs a week, and being in the armpit of Africa; my problem in EVE is that I am deep in to 0.0 space, I think the alliance I was friendly with has lost the war. I don't who is camping the gates anymore; therefore I don't know if I can get back to safe space. This has kept me from re-upping my account the last few times I have caught the itch to play EVE.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 am 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
You guys make me want to play again.

Aside from working 90 hrs a week, and being in the armpit of Africa; my problem in EVE is that I am deep in to 0.0 space, I think the alliance I was friendly with has lost the war. I don't who is camping the gates anymore; therefore I don't know if I can get back to safe space. This has kept me from re-upping my account the last few times I have caught the itch to play EVE.

Any suggestions?

Not much you can do really firesale your stuff and pod jump out. Assuming you have a clone safe somewhere.

Whats your old alliance, and what system-region are you in? Ill check it out and let you know whats happening.

Dominion on Dec 01 is going to totally shake up Soveriegnty (sp?)

Instead of planting pos' you plant a Sovreignty gizmo. And each system you have is going to cost a monthly upkeep, the more systems you have the greater upkeep per system. So the huge power blocks controlling huge areas of space is coming to an end. It just simply won't be affordable.

The moon minerals are going to randomly change every week, kind of like the resources used to change in SWG from time to time. So guess what, no more Dyspro cartels. I predict a free for all in many areas of 0.0 as smaler groups try to take advantage of the collapse of the huge groups and move in and try to take a small chunk of space.

So 0.0 after December 01st is going to be a completely different game.

Chaos breeds oppurtunity so that maybe a good time to gtfo.

Do you have jump capability?

Are you Cyrus Rex in game?

And quite frankly I have three toons right now, only one of which is in an 0.0 alliance. Im having more fun on my toon in a small Fac War corp. The missions are insane, after a weeks worth of work a couple hours a day I have 230K LP's. And Dominion is also bringing all kinds of changes to faction ships both Navy and Pirate. Im finally getting my Navy Dominix :)

So in a nutshell, Im having more fun in EVE right now then I have had in a long time. And this whole wormhole thing is insane. I went into a unknown system thru a HIGH Sec Wormhole, and made 87.5 million in 2.5 hours of work. So the ISK is following like water ;)

When do you come back from the Horn?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:04 pm 

I assume this is you Cyrus?

Quote:
BIO:

NAME: Cyrus Rex
CORPORATION: Dreamscape
PLAYER ASSOCIATION: Avian Gamers Network

WANT TP SELL:
<None>

Cyrus Rex: Journal Entry: 20060915

A year ago my lot in life was that of a small time miner. I made a living tagging along as a member of large mining group operations. Those group operations provided massive haulers to transport the ore back to the station as well as protection form the many rat patrols. Life was good and my accounts were growing by the day.

However, fewer and fewer group operations sought out the assistance of my old mining frigate. The draw of the rarer ores in deeper space was great and I found myself searching those belts for omber and the like even when I knew the risk was too great for a solo miner. The deeper belts were frequented by gangs of pirates who could out-gun and out-maneuver my clunky old miner. Often times my only choice was to warp away as soon as “rats” entered the belt, leaving my stash behind to be looted.

About a year ago, sick of loosing so much to the pirates time and time again, I stood my ground…. and barely got out alive! Frustrated and traumatized, I gave up the mining life and focused on a simpler life.

Until now!

Cyrus Rex: Journal Entry: 20060919

I guess it started with sorties from the frontier, filled with excitement, riches, and danger. Those stories re-lit the flame inside me, yet for months I tried to squelch that flame. Over time the urge to get back in the pilots seat was too great to deny. Finally, I received a recorded transmission from an old friend in deep space. In it he spoke of excitement, riches, and unparalleled danger… but above all else I got the impression he needed my help.

Looking at the star-charts and my dwindled finances, I realized it would take several months before I would ever find him. But I also realized that I had to start now if I was ever going to get there in time to help.

The first few days back in the pilot’s seat were not easy. I had grown rusty and unsure of myself. I had to get my edge back, and I had to get enough ISK for a ship and fittings suitable for surviving deep space.

To get enough ISK, I had to start mining again. Yet as I scouted belt after belt, I realized the pirate situation was stronger than ever. I needed to lay claim to a few profitable belts and I needed a frigate that could fight back, so I purchased the “Armor Star”.

I was about to get my edge back!

You have been in Aliastra for 2 yrs and 1 month, and Ill chech "Dreamscape" next

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 pm 

Dreamscape has 15 members

Lady Antonia is CEO

Galan is founder

They are in the Strenght in Numbers Allaince

Black Knight Buccaneers
Dreamscape
F.M.J. Operations
The Ghost Riders
Radiant Rocketeers
Forerunner Industries

Has the above member corps

You corp left Daisho in October of 2008. The description says you are an 0.0 corp that PvP's and mines but who knows if that accurate.

Let me know where you are and Ill figure out who is there. System and region

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, that is me.
I think Im in Deklein-CZDJ-1

downloading client ~23hrs

No clone :(
No jump capability
Cyrus Rex is my main and my alt is Rylanne
I fly home 15DEC for a few weeks. My project should end 01SEP2010

I can’t remember my login for Cyrus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:16 pm 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:
Yeah, that is me.
I think Im in Deklein-CZDJ-1

downloading client ~23hrs

No clone :(
No jump capability
Cyrus Rex is my main and my alt is Rylanne
I fly home 15DEC for a few weeks. My project should end 01SEP2010

I can’t remember my login for Cyrus

No clone what so ever or just no jump clone?

With the ingame map you can kind of see ships and/or pod destroyed in a system in the last hour (or 24 hours) which should help a bit.

-------
"Gone Section Five"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

No Jump Clone

Finally got my login info and re-upped my subscription.
http://eve-sheet.com/skills/Cyrus_Rex
http://eve-sheet.com/skills/Rylanne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 pm 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:
No Jump Clone

Finally got my login info and re-upped my subscription.
http://eve-sheet.com/skills/Cyrus_Rex

assuming your actual clone is also deep within null space?

Very exciting though, so you going to just install, logon and train up till December?

-------
"Gone Section Five"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Added Rylanne's skill sheet above.

I'll have to see how the game plays on this satellite connection, WOW did alright on it. I have a new Dell xps laptop for work, I'll have to see how well the game plays on it. It’s for work not for gaming, so I am not expecting much. I can try to play from here if everything works out.

As soon as I get the client installed I will try to break out of here and find you guys. I am hoping to find a way out and take most of my crap with me. It may be nothing compared to the old timers, but it seems like a lot for me to loose.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
Added Rylanne's skill sheet above.

I'll have to see how the game plays on this satellite connection, WOW did alright on it. I have a new Dell xps laptop for work, I'll have to see how well the game plays on it. It’s for work not for gaming, so I am not expecting much. I can try to play from here if everything works out.

As soon as I get the client installed I will try to break out of here and find you guys. I am hoping to find a way out and take most of my crap with me. It may be nothing compared to the old timers, but it seems like a lot for me to loose.

You can leave the alt to sell stuff, and get out with your main.

ISK is a lot easier to move than ships and stuff ;)

Replied to your PM, Ill take care of ya :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 pm 

Just started a new trial account.
Played for a bit in the beginning of 2005.
Seeing if I can get my old account info.

Thinking of buying a character with the basics already in place
Any thoughts?

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLER™ for online gamers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 pm 
Spammer

Deak Almar wrote:
Just started a new trial account.
Played for a bit in the beginning of 2005.
Seeing if I can get my old account info.

Thinking of buying a character with the basics already in place
Any thoughts?

What do you mean by basics?

Skills are time based. Simply letting a subscription run and login occasionally to update skill training - $13-15 per month.

Cash - 400-500 million isk is the ballpark estimate on selling pilot license which can be purchased for real world cash at the same rate as monthly subscriptions and resold on the in game market.

With all that said Eve is the kind of game where skills etc unlock the ability to use certain things, however in the end the learning experience that you acquire early on prevents very costly losses of more powerful and expensive vessels later on. Within 2 months you can easily make it up to a battlecrusier which makes you fairly useful in combat.

I guess I am saying that playing the game the way it was ment to be played will be more rewarding.

Now if you want to make it a little easier trading pilot licenses for isk is a great way to get some starting capital - additionally if you start a new trial off a buddy key and subscribe the person offering the key will often give you some isk to get started (in exchange for the 30days free gametime they will receive through the referal program.)

-------
"Gone Section Five"