Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 am 
Site Admin

What time does the server go down?
What time does it usually go back up?
Are there any strategies involving time the server goes down and/or back up?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 am 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
What time does the server go down?
What time does it usually go back up?
Are there any strategies involving time the server goes down and/or back up?

6:00AM Eastern

Its usually down between 15 to 60 minutes. Its been a lot closer to 20 to 30 minutes lately.

Right before and right after DT is usually a good time to snoop and poop. People stop manning bubbles and/ or the population on the server is low.

For instance on Rylanne, when I make a break for high sec, it will be right after DT. Ill sit at the screen and just wait for the server to come back up and then go like a raped ape ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 am 

It is also a good time to ninja up or down POS towers. The anchoring.

Launch right before DT, Set to anchor just as the server goes down. Come back after DT and online.

And more importantly right before DT set a tower to unanchoring. Right after DT, swoop in grab it and gtfo.

I used the second method to great success as we were leaving Fountain when the Goons and Pandemic Legion were SAD-ing the crap out of BRUCE, and we were about to fail cascade. I literally snuck out billions worth of POS assets using this method. Right under the nose of PL. (THey were mainly on early an thru the day, the Goons usually came out at night.)

Right after DT is usually the best time to also scan for cosmic signatures and anomolies, they seem to reset with the DT. (More or less, I don't believe thats universal but you get a good amount of despawning and respawning with DT.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:59 pm 

i sometimes miss my days in Sniggerdly. then i remember all the uprooting they made us do. I suppose it may be different now that they (pandemic legion) actually have Sovereignty... but meh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm 

If its any consolation PL was better at SAD then the Goons, although the Goonie black ops squad were no slouchers. It took about 2 or 3 months of SAD to make BRUCE collapse, and I was there during most of that time. I tried to do most of my stuff late in the evening when the GOON's were winding down. It was easier to get away with snooping and pooping with them. PL was however a step above that, when there Black Ops squad was operating, I was very very carefull or just logged off.

The interesting thing was I really wasn't really mentally affected by it. I couldn't make isk, and trying to do any industrial stuff was a major pain in the arse, but I managed. The interesting thing was actually watching my fellow average Joe alliance members falling for there crap. Lock, stock and barrel. I had people who I had never heard of sh1tposting at FOOM at EVE-O, a year later. Talk about a mind game ;)

That was the main reason we left BRUCE before the fall, not because we were being SAD-ed, but because most of the idiots in BRUCE were falling for it. The Dead Parrot Shoppe actually had some very sucessfull anti-SAD operations going early, the only problem was virtually no one else was trying.

But hell thats ancient history. I got to hand it to PL though, taking down a 3000 man alliance with less than a hundred cloakie ships is quite an accomplishment.

I learned a hell of a lot about SAD from that experience. Several times we invaded the JQV constellation in Syndicate and SAD-ed whoever the locals were, out, so we could squat for a few months, and suck up some 0.0 resources. I had a lot of fun doing that. I was the master of the nuisance POS attack evemails. It was fun as hell warping in, taking one pot shot at a POS and then getting the hell out. Then cloak in the system, and watch the opposition come pouring in thinking there was an attack 8)

After a while they got lulled into a sense of false security and then we would launch the real POS bust :lol:

Oh god those were some fun times.

But hey enough, this was a what to do during or around DT thread. So Ill shut up now.