Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 am 
Site Admin

I dont understand these skills.
Quote:
PROCUREMENT
Proficiency at placing remote buy orders on the market. Level 1 allows for the placement of orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for placement of remote buy orders anywhere within current region.

Note: placing buy orders and directly buying an item are not the same thing. Direct remote purchase requires no skill.

Quote:
MARKETING
Skill at selling items remotely. Each level increases the range from the seller to the item being sold. Level 1 allows for the sale of items within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for sale of items located anywhere within current region.

I could always directly buy an item in the market, so I am not sure what Procurement does for me. While I have your attention could you also explaine what marketing is good for. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am 

A buy order is different then buying something.

Procurement allows you to place BUY Orders at remote Locations.

Say you are sitting in Jita, and want to place a buy order to buy 100 Large Accomodation Vestment Reconstructors 10 jumps away. You could not do that without this skill. You could buy one remotely off someone else's sell order, but you can't place "Buy Orders" remotely without this skill.

Marketing allows your sell orders visability remotely.

If you dont have this unless someone is at your station they can't buy it or see it, not sure which or possibly both. But it gives your sell orders more "exposure". The higher the skill for instance the farther away from Jita someone could be and still remotely see and buy your item.

I hjope that explains it. Im a bit fuzzy on the second one, but the bottomline is, it gives your sell orders more "range" somehow, either by sight, by actually being able to buy it or both. My trader trained that up years ago so I am a bit fuzzy about exactly what it does.