The newest SWTOR newsletter is out. See the link above. In this issue:
  • New Smuggler Secrets
  • Attack on Coreillia
  • Designing the Light Side
  • Space Combat
  • Starships

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 am 
Site Admin

I just got around to watching the smuggler video last night. The internet sucks out here, so I let it load while I go to dinner, or go to a meeting, then once the full stream is complete try to watch it. Problem is sometime I take too long before coming back so it has to stream from the start all over again. Anyway I finally got around to watching this video. Then I started looking around the SWTOR website and I was impressed with the amount of information they have complied. I started reading about of the imperial, alliance, and independent characters http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/ , then I moved on to the planets http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets. Wow, they have a lot of planets so far. And unlike SWG, the SWTOR planets seem to have a part in the storyline and a reason for existing. I am going to try to soak up all this data.

I want to know what you guys think about the ships being used as housing. I think I like that idea, the floorplans to the ships seem larger than I thought. Right now there are only 3 ships. I wonder what kind of ship variety we will have. Also will there be player housing on the planets? I can understand not going the SWG housing route due to urban clutter, but I imagine it would be easy to do instance housing in certain areas of the planets.

I don’t know what I think about the sidekicks. I like the story elements they bring, but in an MMO are we all going to have the same wookie sidekick? While I think it is conservable for all of avian to choose a wookie sidekick, I think it is inconceivable for us all to have the exact same wookie with the exact same name. I am curious how they are going to get around this issue.

Lastly, I want to know how much group play and guild infrastructure this game will have. My fear is that it will be very much a solo centric game. Sure you and have a PUG or go out adventuring with your friends, but what kind of large scale group activities will there be. I don’t mean raids, like WoW, I am talking about groop corporation like large mining ops in EVE or like our efforts with the City Hall, or PA hall in SWG.

Anyway, reading the SWTOR website about the characters and planets l has really gotten me excited about another chance to play in the galaxy far far away. I want to start inventing my character, and get engaged in the history and story of this time and place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Cyrus Rex wrote:
Lastly, I want to know how much group play and guild infrastructure this game will have. My fear is that it will be very much a solo centric game. Sure you and have a PUG or go out adventuring with your friends, but what kind of large scale group activities will there be. I don’t mean raids, like WoW, I am talking about groop corporation like large mining ops in EVE or like our efforts with the City Hall, or PA hall in SWG.
The difference here is that SWTOR is a story based game whereas SWG was a sandbox. It's going to be a lot more limiting in terms of freedom as everything you're able to do has to be planned to a certain extent by the design team beforehand. But worst case scenario is that it'll simply be a huge, online, co-op KotOR, which I personally think is an awesome prospect anyway. And it can only be better than that!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)