Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 pm 

In Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, your character advances through the ranks, gaining experience, growing in power, and reaping the rewards of more advanced gear and skills.

Take a look at this Sith Warrior as he develops and amasses power in The Old Republic. While there are many paths to choose from, this example gives you a small glimpse of the armor and abilities a Sith Warrior can claim as he pursues his own destiny.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/sit ... rogression

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the link.

The first setup is pretty sad looking. I guess it’s the standard MMO noob technique, they need you wanting better gear. Is that a vibro sword? It’s lit up so I am not sure what it’s called.

The second setup is pretty good looking. Nice show if abilities: Blocking bolts with lightsaber, force push, force choke. Now that I watch it again I find myself liking it more. At first I was troubled by the point blank misses from the troopers. Upon watching again I see the sith blocking the earlier salvo, only later before the force choke do the troopers miss at point blank range.

The third setup, Sith Marauder, may be my favorite. It looks pretty cool; Very Darth Maul Like. Hood, cape, all black, dual sabers, and powerful saber strikes.

The forth setup I am not sure what I think. It’s the uber Sith Marauder. Part very cool, but equal part “what”. I guess I need to see more of it, I think I’ll like it. Spiked shoulders, mask, stealth, some kind of force push or smoke, more dual sabers, more blocking bolts with sabers, jump attacks, some kind of force lightsaber charge/boost.

The next setup is the Sith Juggernaut. Unlike the hooded marauder, this juggernaut has armor, shoulder pads, cape, and a single saber. He does may more bolt blocks with his saber, some power strikes, a power thrust, and what looks like a jumping charge. The charge could be more movie and less game, I am not sure.

The last setup is the uber Sith Juggernaut. It reminds me of Vader with the mask less the helmet. He is much more armored. We see a buff, the usual fighting mentioned above, and a saber throw.

I have to say that the opponents look great with their masks, helmets, battle droids. It is all very star wars. Towards the end there is a Jedi throwing debris with the force which was news to me. All in all a great showing.