Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TOR @ E3
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 am 
Site Admin

E3 will be June 7-9. I am wondering how much news we will hear about TOR in the weeks leading up to E3? I bet news will be limited as they hoard it for the big announcements at E3.

What do you think? Do you care to speculate on what big announcements they will have?

Post subject: Re: TOR & E3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 am 
Site Admin

E3 starts tomorrow. I honestly have no idea what they may reveal. I think the big things we will hear about are Raids, and Pvp . Maybe the details of another flashpoint.

The minor stuff we may hear more detail on may be the large variety of vehicle mounts or the large variety of races in the game; although I doubt they will tell us the number of playable races. I guess they could reveal details on a new companion.

We know the playable demo will be showcasing Tatooine and the Sith Empire, so I imaging we will hear a lot about Tatooine specific things like Sandpeople and Jawas. I hope the raid talk spins off more details on loot and its relationship on crafting. The more I think about the demo being on Tatooine, Jawas, and Luke & Anakin tinkering in the shop, I hope this creates a good setting for more crafting information.

Post subject: Re: TOR @ E3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:07 am 
Site Admin

Watch the EA E3 press conference, featuring Gameplay Demo and Q&A with Star Wars: The Old Republic, LIVE
Starting June 7th at 2PM PT / 5PM ET http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/star-wars and on Spike_TV

Quote:
Will you spread the light or cast shadows over the galaxy?
In a galaxy fraught with danger and espionage, Daniel Erickson of Star Wars: The Old Republic might just be your only hope. He'll walk us through an exclusive gameplay demo, answer questions, and reveal some never-before-seen exclusive - don't miss it! Star Wars: The Old Republic, is the story-driven MMO from BioWare and LucasArts where players will be the hero of their personal Star Wars saga. Digital download for The Old Republic will be available exclusively on Origin.com.

I think that is midnight here in Kuwait. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 am 
Spammer

Thanks for that link Cy. I am working from home today and may try and get the feed running in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm 

I am actually listening to some of the live stuff at gametrailers.com today and EA has something going on today as well in a couple hours.

•Schedule: Monday, June 6
6/05/11 12:07PM PDT

Our E3 All Access coverage begins at 9:00 AM PDT, followed by Microsoft's press briefing at 9:30. EA's event is going down at 12:30, with Ubisoft at 2:30, and Sony at 5:00. In between all the pressers, be sure to stay tuned to our All Access coverage for early looks at all the biggest games of the show, including Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Bioschock, and more!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:55 pm 

Just saw the preE3 - TOR video, had lots I have already seen but still cool. They did not do live play like alot of the games so far today and no date, I am hoping to hear more in the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Here are some screenshots of TOR at E3.

And here are the Darth Hater screenshots Dissection. I have said it before, but I will say it again: I love their dissections.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am 
Spammer

I'm really starting to admire Darth Hater's work as well. I still don't have a PC set up at home, and it is just too cumbersome to do too much on my phone, so I try and squeeze in as much as I can at work. A couple more weeks, and then I'll be back up and running at home too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am 
Spammer

Has there been any rumors or discussion on system requirements for this game? I'm guessing the graphics will be pretty intense for most systems at launch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 am 
Site Admin

No system requirements so far. Some of the screenshots in the past have been very detailed, others no so much. Being an MMO I think the graphics will be very scalable with the game designed to be playable on a majority of existing computers. But the detail (armor reflection, lighting, complex shadowing, etc.) on some of the screenshots makes me think the guys with great computers are in for a treat.