Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 am 
Site Admin

http://torwars.com/2011/09/19/torwars-i ... e-details/

Schubert wrote:
[...] That being said, some of the ideas that were planned for post-launch got raised in priority, based on feedback and metrics from our testing. Nothing’s set in stone until we hit launch day, obviously, but we’re aiming to get more into launch now. Of particular note, the dressing room made it in (alt-rightclick to preview an equipment piece’s appearance on you or your companion). The ability for group leaders to mark targets with symbols his party members can see just went in. We also have a couple of minor features we’re putting in designed to make it easier for players to find and form groups – features I’m more willing to talk about once we’ve vetted them as improvements to the game in general.

If you remember previously the Devs stated that dressing rooms and mark targets were not going to part of the launch game. At the time they stood their ground and said those features were not necessary with the way they were making this game. That was always a weak defense, and I am happy to see this level of polish making it to the launch game.

I also think its funny how many questions were asked that he was not ready to answer at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 am 
Site Admin

This is great! The mark targets is extremely helpful and while it may seem like a frivolous feature the dressing room is also very handy.
The way that the items currently appear gives you no indication of what they will look like. Often they will use the same model icon for 3 different pieces that all have the same stats but the titles are '[color] shoulder bracer'. Having the dressing room is a small but important piece of polish.