Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 am 
Site Admin

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/crafting-guide/

I found this big guide to crafting today. I'm reading it now, will post about it later.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:30 am 
Site Admin

So far so good. A lot of good info in one convenient package. I learned a little about the Reverse Engineering and Mod systems.

Quote:
Reverse Engineering
Reverse Engineering is TOR’s version of disenchanting. You are only able to RE items similar to ones you can craft, and the item’s overall quality determines what kind of goodies you get from it (you always get crafting materials). Generally speaking, you should never Reverse Engineer anything you cannot craft as it is unprofitable.

You currently cannot RE mods. I don’t know if you ever will be able to, but I feel it has to be added in order make crafting viable endgame. The main reason RE exists is to learn how to make better craftable items. When you RE an item that you can craft (which you learn off of trainers or schematics) there is a chance you will learn to make a better version of the same item, both in rarity and power. This is done through a prefix system, that will determine a static property being added to whatever item you reverse engineered.

Lets say you RE’d a Space Blaster (uncommon quality) and learned how to make a Commander’s Space Blaster (rare).

“Commander” is a prefix (like WoW’s “of the _____” suffixes) that adds +Presence to the item. If you don’t like the prefix you got, you just RE more Space Blasters until you get something you do want, like “Overloaded” (+power) or “Critical” (+crit rating). I do not have a full list of these, but as far as I can tell, you cannot get a prefix from crafting that gives core stats.

Now that you can make Commander’s Space Blaster, you can now reverse engineer that to learn an epic version. This epic version will retain the prefix of the first, but since it’s an epic, will have increased stats by having better base mods.

Quote:
Mods
It should be first stated that not all items have mod slots and cannot be upgraded in any way.

The mod system is like socketting gems in WoW, but they give more stats and generally drop into items that, on their own, have absolutely no stats; not even armor. Armor values are determined by the type of armor (light/med/heavy), and the armor rating stat listed on mods. Damage is the same thing, but with damage modifiers and weapon types (assault cannons do more than blasters, for example.) Your level 10 armor can be your level 50 armor if you can mod it enough to keep it relevant.

Almost all mods have variable quality (not rarity.) They will have minor variations in their name, and will provide different statistical bonuses even though they will have the same level requirements and rarity.

Example: Patron MZ-40y Power Cell

Patron is a prefix that always gives +CUN +END. y can be a number between 1 and 4 and is the indicator of quality, 4 being the best (having the highest stats.) The range from 1-4 can be fairly significant. This will drive min/maxers completely insane as you cannot craft them (currently.)

Patron MZ-401 might be [+10cun +8end] and Patron MZ-404 might be [+13cun +10end]. You have 21 mod slots that can have this variable quality “feature”, which can result in the difference of hundreds of stat points on high level mods