Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 am 
Site Admin

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/ ... id=eag3106

Quote:
BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories! The announcement was first made by BioWare co-founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk during their keynote address at the 2011 Eurogamer Expo in London, England. Speaking to a packed room of press and fans alike, Dr. Muzyka acknowledged the weight of the moment and the patience of the fans.

“This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release.”
Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)
Those who have pre-ordered the game and entered their pre-order code on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com are eligible for Early Game Access. If you haven’t yet reserved your copy of the game, be sure to visit our Pre-Order page and secure your place in the Old Republic now!

We want to thank you for your continued passion, dedication and support. Though one part of this incredible journey is coming to an end, we are confident that you all share our excitement for this new beginning. Be sure to check back to StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for all the latest news and updates on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 am 

Good news! :)

I came in to work today and checked my e-mail and saw that (after I enabled gmail to display images :)).

Now that I have a goal, I had better get my pseudo-theorycrafting and decision-making in gear. Which class to play first? :)

When it says it will launch on 12/20, I wonder if that is the "official" launch date. If so, when do early people get in?

Finally, I hate that it's 12/20 if for no other reason than the BioWare folks having to work through Christmas and New Year and that timeframe being in the first couple of weeks.

Thank you!
Xijitok

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Wooohooo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:18 pm 
Spammer

Woot!! Woot!! So glad my company closes from Christmas to Jan 3rd-ish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:43 pm 

Yes, finally a date

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLER™ for online gamers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

while I am very happy there is finally a release date I am also dismayed that I have to wait 3 more months. I am conflicted...