Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hide/Show the UI

This works exactly like it does in Word of Warcraft, pressing ALT+Z will hide your interface. Pressing again the same combination will show the UI again.

Reloading the UI

If you experience any problems/glitches with the UI, CTRl+U will force unload/load your interface which, in most cases will resolve any issues with the it.

Show/Hide FPS Counter

If you want to check out how many FPS you have, you just need to press CTRL+SHIFT+F. A small counter will appear at the bottom left of the screen, which will show you the current FPS count. You also need to know that the FPS counter has 2 color codes: if it's green that means your video card is limiting the FPS, if it's red, that means your CPU is limiting your FPS. This is useful if you're experiencing FPS spikes and you want to know the cause.

Toggle Autorun/Walk

The default key for this is NumLock (or Mouse Button 4) but you can bind it to whatever key you like.

Skip in-game cutscenes

Some of you will want to skip some cutscenes, mainly because you played that class in the Beta and you already know a part of the story. This can be easily accomplished by pressing the SPACE key to skip to the next dialog without hearing the full story.

Conversation retries

When you are in a conversation, and you make a choice that didn't give you the desired result, as long as the conversation is active, hit ESC. It resets you to the beginning of the conversation. (credit Techhund)

Turn On subtitles

By default, SWTOR comes with the subtitles turned off. I personally like to turn them on, so I won't lose any details that I may not understand or hear. You can easily do that via the interface options.

And lastly, don't forget to bind your keys. If you're a W S A D player, then you can easily bind adjacent keys to your abilities/actions such as: Q, E, F, R, Z etc. Don't forget that you can use multiple key combinations for your binds, using the ALT , CTRL and SHIFT keys (CTRL+E, SHIFT+F etc). It's also a good idea to assign some keys for your companion's Attack and Follow actions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Quote:
Show/Hide FPS Counter

If you want to check out how many FPS you have, you just need to press CTRL+SHIFT+F. A small counter will appear at the bottom left of the screen, which will show you the current FPS count. You also need to know that the FPS counter has 2 color codes: if it's green that means your video card is limiting the FPS, if it's red, that means your CPU is limiting your FPS. This is useful if you're experiencing FPS spikes and you want to know the cause.
Just out of curiosity, I tried this one. I seem to be averaging about 100 FPS with it being limited by the video card ... Good to know!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 am 
Spammer

Low Level Tip: DO shop the Bazaar/Player Market for upgrades to Armor and Weapons. I cannot believe the difference I am seeing compared to the drops I'm getting.

For 1000 credits I doubled the damage I was dealing with my weapon, AND upped my Armor from 322 to 545 at level 9. I could have gained a little more if I spent a LOT more credits, but on the cheap I completely changed the odds on my encounters.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am 

I would say wait on sending your companions on gathering jobs until you've secured enough credits for your speeder and training up to 25.

I was sending whatever companions I had as often as I could and went through way more credits than I should have, and am now not sure i'll have enough to buy my bike at 25(3 more levels).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 am 
Site Admin

What ever skill you put in the #1 slot will also be the skill used when right clicking. So I put something there that is more useful than the default attack.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:20 pm 
Spammer

That is really useful, Cyrus. I did not know that at all. I need to contemplate something good for that then.